This section describes why and how we collect and use personal data in connection with our recruitment activities.
If your application is successful, we perform pre-employment screening checks as part of our onboarding process.
Collection of personal data
We collect personal data in connection with our recruitment activities as described below.
Most of the personal data we collect as part of our recruitment process is provided by you such as:
- Contact details (name, email, telephone number);
- Areas of interest;
- Username to apply for a role;
- CV, experience, education, academic and professional qualifications;
- Information provided as part of interviews and assessments;
- Diversity and equal opportunities data;
- Pre-employment screening information if your application is successful;
We create personal data in connection with our recruitment activities such as
- Interview and assessment results and feedback; and
- Offer details
We obtain personal data from third party sources such as:
- References from your named referees
- Information from your referrer (where applicable);
- Results of screening checks (depending on the role applied for);
- Verification of information provided during the recruitment process by contacting relevant third parties (for example, previous employers, education and qualification providers) or using publicly available sources (for example, to verify your experience, education and qualifications); and
- Information from social media sites that you are a member of about your engagement with our recruitment campaigns.
Use of personal data
We process personal data for our legitimate interests to attract and secure the best talent to work with us as follows:
- To attract talent and market opportunities at PwC including by arranging, hosting and participating in events, marketing and advertising opportunities and using recruiters to help find talent for us.
- To identify and source talent including by searching our talent pool and publicly available sources (such as professional networking and job websites of which you are a member).
- To process and manage applications for roles at PwC, evaluate you for open positions that match your interests and experience throughout the PwC network, manage your candidate profile, send you email notifications and other announcements, request additional information or otherwise contact you about your candidacy.
- To screen and select talent by evaluating your suitability for employment with PwC, including through interviews and assessments and conducting background checks.
- To hire and onboard talent by making an offer to successful applicants and carrying out pre-employment screening checks.
- To conduct statistical analyses and create reports including for example regarding use of our careers websites, demographic analysis of candidates, reports on PwC recruitment activities, and analysis of candidate sourcing channels.
- To administer and manage our careers websites and communicate with you about careers at PwC.
- Any other purposes stated when you provide the information to PwC.
We retain personal data processed in connection with recruitment activities as follows:
- If your application is successful we retain relevant personal data as part of your employee record and your talent pool account (if you choose to join our talent pool).
- If your application is unsuccessful, we retain and use the information you provided to PwC as part of your application for a reasonable period of time to deal with any matter which may arise in connection with your application, for purposes of contacting you regarding other employment opportunities and for our legitimate business purposes (for example, to make sure we do not contact an individual about a role they have already applied for) and for as long as you are a member of our talent pool (if you choose to join our talent pool).