Dr. Hung-Lieh Liang is a legal and regulatory advisory partner from PwC Taiwan with a focus on banking and asset management. Among other things, Hung Lieh advised multiple UCITS and non-UCITS offshore mutual funds on licensing, ongoing regulatory compliance and exit strategy planning in relation to their Taiwan distributions. Hung Lieh holds a PhD in Banking Law from the University of London.
Other Selective Project Experience
- Lead partner advising on limited partnership, co-management and other contractual arrangements with respect to a Korean venture capital fund co-sponsored by a Taiwan financial institution and a North Asia sovereign fund.
- Lead partner advising on investment management, investment advisory, custodian, administrative and other contractual arrangements with respect to a hedge fund sponsored by a Hong Kong asset management company.
- Lead partner advising on deal structures, contractual arrangements and fund documentation of various private funds in Cayman, BVI and other instrument jurisdictions (together with local counsel).
- Lead partner advising on structuring OBU or OSU placements for multiple offshore venture capital and other types of private equity funds.
- Lead partner advising certain major PRC banks on issuing Formosa bond and Taiwanese banks on (through Hong Kong and Macau branches) establishing and issuing Hong Kong certificates of deposit (“CD”) programs and relevant series.