View this page in:
For underperforming companies, we deliver restructuring solutions designed to build a platform for swift recovery and sustained future success. We thoroughly assess all revitalization options, develop a plan of action in partnership with management, creditors and other stakeholders, and mobilize the resources required for effective implementation. Our specialist teams utilize PwC's unrivalled industry expertise and extensive local knowledge to plan complex, even cross-border, restructurings; and they also help underperforming businesses in planning and implementing recovery strategies quickly and efficiently. Whether through formal or informal proceedings, our goal is to rebuild trust between the business and its financial stakeholders, and develop a detailed, targeted action plan for business improvement, simplification or divestment.
If this is your situation
- Experiencing cash pressure or liquidity shortfall
- Facing a credit rating downgrade
- Debt trading at "distressed" levels
- Assets are over-leveraged
PwC can help you
- Recover from crisis: This may involve moving forward on several fronts - crisis intervention, stabilization and stakeholder communication; generating quick wins and reducing working capital; designing and implementing a value-adding plan.
- Identify viable solutions for preserving the business, such as establishing cash needs and controls, balance sheet reconstructions, and inter-creditor negotiations
- Understand better the business’s position, financially and commercially, its prospective sustainability and the range of restructuring options available
- Drawing on PwC's extensive industry experience, we provide an unrivalled combination of restructuring and industry expertise.
- For lenders/creditors, maximize/realize value: Develop solutions in partnership with creditors and debtors using our unrivalled experience in working through crises where objectives may diverge and there are severe pressures on relationships between the company and its stakeholders