Buy Side Due Diligence
View this page in:
We help acquirers understand and analyze the financial, commercial, operational and strategic assumptions underpinning each deal. Our in-depth reviews seek to uncover the reality of historical data so as to assist you to form a view of the prospects of the target company. We also help you to use the due diligence findings to their full advantage during the deal, from pricing/valuation to agreement negotiation.
After a deal closes, we can advise on how to improve the internal controls governing the target's financial, IT, back office, and front office management systems and processes.
If this is your situation
- You want to strengthen your company's core business by acquiring rival or complementary products
- You want to purchase a company to gain access to its existing products in new markets, or to increase your customer base
PwC can help you
- By enhancing your understanding of the target business and therefore increasing the likelihood of the deal achieving its objectives
- By helping you to identify and understand critical success factors so that informed acquisition decisions can be made
- By highlighting underlying strengths of the target company that can be built upon or hidden weaknesses "black holes" that should be resolved
- By identifying key deal issues (KDIs) of the target company that can assist you in price negotiation, devising appropriate protection clauses in the contract and early identification of post deal integration issues.