Bid Support & Bid Defense
View this page in:
Life in the public markets can be tough, sometimes requiring robust tactics to either make or defend a hostile bid.
- For both bidders and defenders, a hostile bid requires a thorough review of the vulnerabilities of a particular business. The bidder as well as the defender will come under intense scrutiny during the bidding process.
- The scrutiny will focus particular attention on the management teams on both sides. They have to ensure that they position themselves well in the eyes of the market during the bid.
- Companies are advised to rely on those with experience in making hostile bids, mounting a robust defense and ensuring that the optimal outcome is achieved for shareholders.
If this is your situation
- You are concerned about your vulnerability to a hostile bid because your sector is experiencing a periodic downturn, there is a problem with management succession or there has been criticism of the company's performance from the market.
- You are looking to acquire a public target in the coming months.
PwC can help you
- For companies making hostile public bids, we prepare reviews of the bidder's own business and analysis of the vulnerability of the target.
- For companies defending a hostile public bid, we work from the moment a hostile bid is announced to help defend against it or achieve the best price for your company. We help company management position themselves favourably to the markets during the bid.
- We assist in developing the arguments on value, supporting your proposition and helping to strengthen your position - both in the market and with shareholders.
- We provide due diligence analysis to validate the financial, commercial, operational and strategic assumptions underpinning the deal.